Skip to main content

PEACEFUL

 


Let my love for you be peaceful. I do not want it to shatter your glass ceilings or roar oceans worth of might. I want it to knock you, peacefully. Almost like you wanted it. 


I do not want it to brush against your cold, numb fingers. No. I will stay away. I have better things to do. But I want it to yearn for me.


So everytime we meet, I will stir in you something that will look forward for me. And you will wait for them - those encounters- one heartbeat after another. 


You will wait for them as you slowly unveil your stone heart and show me it was the stone-coloured sky. And your clouds were full and waiting to pour.


But truly, they were waiting for me all along. And so I let them weep. They bursted open and drenched both you and I. 


I found a shelter for both of us so you wouldn't fall sick. I made sure you ate so we wouldn't tire ourselves. I kept you safe. I kept you warm. And out of you came everything that was once dormant.


I told you, my love for you would be quiet. And now after your crying spells, I hope you have found yourself. 


You are not a stone cold heart. You are only unprocessed grief which turned into numbness. You are deeply buried anger which needed a tug.


All you needed was somebody to walk in with a shovel.

That was all I did.


And when you thought you did not have the energy, I carefully took the shovel back.


May 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About the Hillsong Peace Music Video - Rant

On the 2 nd of March 2018, Hillsong Young and Free released their first music video  that spoke of the issue of mental health which clearly wasn’t the type of video you would expect to see on a Christian Music channel. While I found the song to be extremely soothing, with the hate and false alarms being triggered around the video being dark, cultic (which I heard a little too much) or displaying creepy ghosts and bloody rain (laugh, if you like) I thought I’d break down portions of the video and explain it because oddly enough I’ve seen too many response videos and read too many articles and comments of people over-analysing the symbols on the video instead of receiving the message of God’s peace especially for those who struggle with anxiety on a mental health level. “I think for a really long time I didn’t understand what anxiety is. When I look back at my whole life I feel like I can see traces of this for as long as I can remember but it wasn’t diagnosed until I ...

Suicidal - Rant

I was born suicidal. Hang in there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those people with cuts all over my body trying to earn sympathy for what I am. I'm just trying to write something about myself, something I've never dared to write down or talk about. So please bear with me if you can. I was born suicidal. Writing it down itself makes me form a lump in my throat - it isn't something I'd like to read or easily admit. It's usually something I like to stay away from pretending like it doesn't exist, locking it safe somewhere at the the back of the collection of my childhood memories where I wouldn't want to remember that I thought differently about death. As a kid, I thought everyone just wanted to die. No really, every single person just wanted to die. I still remember when I was probably 3 (may be 5) I was watching a cartoon where a character was trying to save his life and like the questioning child I always was I remember asking my dad rep...

The Perks of Being a Missionary Kid (Part I)

      Being an MK (Missionary Kid) is quite an adventure. So why not talk about it? " Being a missionary kid is a unique, precious and beautiful journey. Ok, so there's my statement. 'Yeah,' you look at the screen, 'suuuure... Let's start at page one, shall we?'  If you're an MK chances are  you've got 'THIRD CULTURE KID' stamped on your forehead as well. Yes, I'm the son of a Malayalee father and a Dutch mother and yes, neither of their ethnicities blend with the people God has called them to work with. However, that certainly doesn't mean I feel like I've just stepped out of a UFO every morning I exit the front door. Growing up with two or more coinciding cultures is, in my opinion, the healthiest environment for growth, learning and a widening of perspective. I admit it's a sort of roller coaster ride- there are peaks and not-so-high-peaks  (ahem...) but every time I look back on my seventeen-year-short missiona...