Skip to main content

Entities




We are all but entities
Of our own selves
Whole yet empty,
Passionate yet plodding.

All of me is just an embodiment,
Of the different monsters that
Come to live in me.
All of me is like a canvas

A canvas that is played upon.
Not like the canvas of the night sky
That is beautiful to look at;
This canvas is almost grey.

It's colours are paler than pale
And duller than dull. It looks
Like the colours were spilled untidily,
By children who were only playing.

But the canvas, oh the canvas
It can feel the pain
Of being twisted and turned
And stretched and pulled.

This body can feel the pain
This entity isn't dull.
It feels every emotion walk in;
It feels every emotion pierce out.

This entity is breathing and feeling
Even if it has to come face to face
With its own monsters- the old ones
That like to pay kind visits.

This entity feels every emotion
An outburst of cry
Or a rage of anger
It is tired of building facades.

And so it will continue to vent
Its emotions on paper.
It will continue to write
As long as the monster pays visits.

We are all but entities
Of our own selves.
But thank the inventors of
The paper and pen.

For entities like me will always need these
To pour our emotions out.
To let ourselves get buried
Under pages of ink.

And entities like me
Will always use writing as therapy.
We let our hearts bleed
Into these lifeless sheets of paper;
To confront our monsters.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About the Hillsong Peace Music Video - Rant

On the 2 nd of March 2018, Hillsong Young and Free released their first music video  that spoke of the issue of mental health which clearly wasn’t the type of video you would expect to see on a Christian Music channel. While I found the song to be extremely soothing, with the hate and false alarms being triggered around the video being dark, cultic (which I heard a little too much) or displaying creepy ghosts and bloody rain (laugh, if you like) I thought I’d break down portions of the video and explain it because oddly enough I’ve seen too many response videos and read too many articles and comments of people over-analysing the symbols on the video instead of receiving the message of God’s peace especially for those who struggle with anxiety on a mental health level. “I think for a really long time I didn’t understand what anxiety is. When I look back at my whole life I feel like I can see traces of this for as long as I can remember but it wasn’t diagnosed until I ...

Suicidal - Rant

I was born suicidal. Hang in there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those people with cuts all over my body trying to earn sympathy for what I am. I'm just trying to write something about myself, something I've never dared to write down or talk about. So please bear with me if you can. I was born suicidal. Writing it down itself makes me form a lump in my throat - it isn't something I'd like to read or easily admit. It's usually something I like to stay away from pretending like it doesn't exist, locking it safe somewhere at the the back of the collection of my childhood memories where I wouldn't want to remember that I thought differently about death. As a kid, I thought everyone just wanted to die. No really, every single person just wanted to die. I still remember when I was probably 3 (may be 5) I was watching a cartoon where a character was trying to save his life and like the questioning child I always was I remember asking my dad rep...

The Perks of Being a Missionary Kid (Part I)

      Being an MK (Missionary Kid) is quite an adventure. So why not talk about it? " Being a missionary kid is a unique, precious and beautiful journey. Ok, so there's my statement. 'Yeah,' you look at the screen, 'suuuure... Let's start at page one, shall we?'  If you're an MK chances are  you've got 'THIRD CULTURE KID' stamped on your forehead as well. Yes, I'm the son of a Malayalee father and a Dutch mother and yes, neither of their ethnicities blend with the people God has called them to work with. However, that certainly doesn't mean I feel like I've just stepped out of a UFO every morning I exit the front door. Growing up with two or more coinciding cultures is, in my opinion, the healthiest environment for growth, learning and a widening of perspective. I admit it's a sort of roller coaster ride- there are peaks and not-so-high-peaks  (ahem...) but every time I look back on my seventeen-year-short missiona...