Skip to main content

Two Kittens On My Lap

Genre: Non-fiction




Two kittens on my lap
One dull grey, the other jet black.
Oh how swift they were in all their movements
I'd stare in awe and it did give me chills.

Two kittens on my lap
But not my own, my friend's.
Oh how they sat on my lap like they knew me
And one kept licking the other, thinking she was their dead mother.

Two kittens on my lap
Always running around, playing or fighting.
They reminded me of Tom and Jerry
But that, you know, wasn't very creepy.

Two kittens on my lap
One's fallen asleep, the other's calmed down.
But oh I have to let them go
Because alas! I have come here for a different reason.

Two kittens on my lap
I woke one up and the other left hopping.
Oh poor creature, why did I do this?
I exclaimed as a piece of my heart almost sank.

Two kittens on my lap
Oh no, that's a thing of the past.
It's time to take my books and await
The person-to-come or else I'm late.

Two kittens on my lap
Didn't I say that was done?
The teacher has come now, there starts my tuition
I think it's chemistry or biology, but definitely not history!

Two kittens on my lap
Oh that's just the line to keep it uniform.
I must go now, lest I miss my class
And hoping I didn't bore you, I shall take leave.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About the Hillsong Peace Music Video - Rant

On the 2 nd of March 2018, Hillsong Young and Free released their first music video  that spoke of the issue of mental health which clearly wasn’t the type of video you would expect to see on a Christian Music channel. While I found the song to be extremely soothing, with the hate and false alarms being triggered around the video being dark, cultic (which I heard a little too much) or displaying creepy ghosts and bloody rain (laugh, if you like) I thought I’d break down portions of the video and explain it because oddly enough I’ve seen too many response videos and read too many articles and comments of people over-analysing the symbols on the video instead of receiving the message of God’s peace especially for those who struggle with anxiety on a mental health level. “I think for a really long time I didn’t understand what anxiety is. When I look back at my whole life I feel like I can see traces of this for as long as I can remember but it wasn’t diagnosed until I ...

Suicidal - Rant

I was born suicidal. Hang in there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those people with cuts all over my body trying to earn sympathy for what I am. I'm just trying to write something about myself, something I've never dared to write down or talk about. So please bear with me if you can. I was born suicidal. Writing it down itself makes me form a lump in my throat - it isn't something I'd like to read or easily admit. It's usually something I like to stay away from pretending like it doesn't exist, locking it safe somewhere at the the back of the collection of my childhood memories where I wouldn't want to remember that I thought differently about death. As a kid, I thought everyone just wanted to die. No really, every single person just wanted to die. I still remember when I was probably 3 (may be 5) I was watching a cartoon where a character was trying to save his life and like the questioning child I always was I remember asking my dad rep...

The Perks of Being a Missionary Kid (Part I)

      Being an MK (Missionary Kid) is quite an adventure. So why not talk about it? " Being a missionary kid is a unique, precious and beautiful journey. Ok, so there's my statement. 'Yeah,' you look at the screen, 'suuuure... Let's start at page one, shall we?'  If you're an MK chances are  you've got 'THIRD CULTURE KID' stamped on your forehead as well. Yes, I'm the son of a Malayalee father and a Dutch mother and yes, neither of their ethnicities blend with the people God has called them to work with. However, that certainly doesn't mean I feel like I've just stepped out of a UFO every morning I exit the front door. Growing up with two or more coinciding cultures is, in my opinion, the healthiest environment for growth, learning and a widening of perspective. I admit it's a sort of roller coaster ride- there are peaks and not-so-high-peaks  (ahem...) but every time I look back on my seventeen-year-short missiona...